Monday, June 2, 2014

Interview with Janet Babar

Hi, everyone!  Mitzi here.  Today I have another Designer Interview to share with you.  But first, I would like to remind you to check out our Butterflies challenge that is currently going on.  Our designers have outdone themselves yet again with mindblowing inspiration pieces that will get your creative juices flowing, guaranteed!  The deadline is Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 11:55 pm EDT, so get coloring and crafting~!



Click here to go directly to the Butterflies challenge page for all the important information.

Now, without further ado, please welcome Janet Babar to the interview~!!  She is one of the three designers who joined Aurora Wings' Design Team starting in April.  I will be bringing the interviews with the remaining two designers in the upcoming months.

Janet Babar
Mitzi:  I think the first card I saw from you that was made with one of my digi's was "Bone Queen" that you submitted into Feb. 2014's FB group contest. Your take of it in shades of blue was so unexpected as most people see poppies and they usually think 'red'. I loved the beautiful paper and a bold use of black accents on that creation. How long have you been coloring/paper crafting and how did you get started?

Janet: Blue Himalayan Poppies are one of my favourite flowers,.
I met a wonderful lady when on holiday in Cuba in 2005.  Once when her and OH came to stay, she wanted to go to a craft shop as she had made cards for years.  She now designs craft CDs and I am on her DT. While in the craft shop she bought me some crafty stuff, gems papers, craft knife (which I still cannot use LOL), etc., and from then on I was hooked.
Janet's awesome card with "Bone Queen" and "Oriental Poppy".
Mitzi: Your coloring and card-making skills are impressive. Do you have any secret (or not so known) skills that others don't know about?

Janet: 
Thank you for the compliment, Mitzi,  Any skill I have has come from practising especially with colouring I don't think I have any skill that any other crafters don't know about.  All I know is that my cards have changed beyond recognition from when I first started and are still changing as I learn new techniques. 
Janet's winning card (Feb. 2014) with "Girl Flower Butterfly".
Mitzi: Next question.  Do you have a neatly organized crafting space (That's what I'm guessing...) or do you craft anywhere inspiration strikes regardless of where you happen to be?

Janet: Ha ha, it is neat and tidy as long as I don't go in there.  Otherwise, it is a complete tip.  This photo was taken when it had just been painted and a new carpet fitted.



Definitely lots of storage space!
Mitzi: Wow!  Looks nice in there. Hehe.  Curious what it looks like when you've been busy in there...  OK, next question.  When you're not coloring and crafting, what do you enjoy doing?

Janet: Nothing !!  We live in a quite large house that was built in the 1700s, so there is always something that wants fixing apart from that I do like to go on holiday.


Janet's awesome shadowbox with "Santa Muerte".
Mitzi: Haha.  Your house sounds romantic, but it does sound high maintemance. ^^;  Now, I have a few random questions for you, just for fun.  What is your favorite genre of movies?

Janet: Murder mysteries.

Mitzi:  I didn't know what to expect from you on that one.  Cool!  OK, continuing on the 'random fun' question... If you were to describe yourself as a single type of flower, what would you see yourself as?

Janet: Lily because it is tall, slim, and elegant just like I would love to be!


Yet another gorgeous work by Janet with "Lily Lily".
Mitzi: Lovely pick! Now getting back a little bit on track of discussing crafts, what is your favorite art/craft tool and why?

Janet: Alcohol pens (Copic, Promarker, Graph'it,  etc.) because I absolutely love colouring, oh, and my Ebosser for cutting dies and embossing because I nearly always put dies and/or embossing on my cards.

Mitzi:  I guess alcohol pens of one brand or another have been the favorite tools of everyone here so far.  No surprise.  OK, here's one of my favorite questions just for fun.   When you were little, what did you want to be when you grow up?

Janet: I always wanted to be a nurse, and that is what I did. 
Bright and sunny with "Dandelion Sprite".
Mitzi: Awesome!  Last question. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you like to go visit?

Janet: We have travelled a lot to Europe and the Caribbean, and I have loved every place we have visited, but the one place I would travel to again if given chance would be the 1st place we ever went and that was an Island called Mali Losin, which is in Croatia (It was Yugoslavia when we visited.).

Mitzi: Yes, you were on holiday when we first talked about your joining the design team, too.  I hope I get to be as well travelled as you are someday. ^_^  Well, thank you for joining me here today for this interview, Janet!  It was fun getting to know you.  You've been pumping out one impressive creation after another ever since you joined our team.  I would like to take this moment here to showcase some of my favorites from you.  And readers, please go visit her fabulous blog to see more of her beautiful crafts (each with more photos).  

Delightful Asian theme throughout with "Chrysanthemum Festival".

Stunning beauty with "Crimson Wings".
Beautiful card with "Steampunk Angel".
Gorgeous card with "Viridis Incendia".
Beautifully masculine card with "Tempest of Ice".
"Wedding Couple" with perfect embellishments.

Aren't these just gorgeous?  I hope you enjoyed reading the interview with Janet today and loved what you saw in these pics.  Thank you for joining us today!

I just want to remind our readers/followers one more time about the Butterflies challenge going on right now.  All you need is a butterfly in some way, shape, or form incorporated in your creation whether it be in the hand-colored image itself, die-cuts, or other embellishments used.  Easy enough and fun for everyone, right? :D  So, join today with your lovely creation!!


I would also like to mention our very active FB group, if you're not already a member.  We have members posting creations daily, monthly contests (which you can enter without having a blog, for those of you who don't have one), special events, and special offers for members only.  Hope you can join us at the FB group, too!

6 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Always so much fun getting to know my teamies better. Lovely interview and GORGEOUS creations. xxD

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Loved gathering the beautiful creations of Janet's in one place. Couldn't believe when I found even more! XD

Unknown said...

Donna,
Thanks so much for leaving me such a nice message on my blog! I absolutely love your images and so enjoy coloring them. They are right up my alley!! Thanks again.

Linda Simpson said...

Great interview, lovely to get to know Janet a little bit more too. Always been a fan of Janet's work, she is one talented lady.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Md Enamul Hoq said...

Excellent interview.
I'm delighted to see this interview and
it's a great post .
Thanks .
Clipping Path
Remove White Background

Clipping Solutions said...


Great article and thanks for your work.You made an article that is interesting. Thanks for sharing. clipping path
Raster To vector/clipping path service